What are the start-up costs of a STEM Robotics 101 classroom? Is help with start-up costs available?
The start-up costs for a STEM Robotics 101 classroom is about $225 per seat.
This cost estimate assumes:
1. Two students per robotics kit (ideal ratio)
2. Classroom has access to computers – Mac, PC or iPads/Chromebooks – that are less than 6 years old
3. Classroom licenses for programming and tutorial software
4. Classroom Challenge supplies
5. Teacher has completed the STEM Robotics 101 Introductory Workshop and is eligible for one-time start-up discounts (5% on kits/software from LEGO® Education.
FIRST® Washington is beginning to work on a program to help support Tier 1 and Tier 2 free or reduced-price meals schools with their classroom start-up costs. If start-up costs are a barrier for your participation as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 school, please contact Erin McCallum at FIRST® Washington, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our mailing list for updates on programs, events, and the work FIRST® Washington is doing to change young lives.